MAKE YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE BY BECOMING A PADI INSTRUCTOR IN MALLORCA
PADI INSTRUCTOR DEVELOPMENT COURSE (IDC)
THIS IS THE COURSE THAT PREPARES THE CANDIDATES TO BECOME PADI INSTRUCTORS
The Instructor development course (IDC) is divided in two parts:
- Assistant Instructor program (AI): you will learn to organize and supervise dive activities, while you concentrate in developing teaching techniques.
- Open Water Scuba Instructor program (OWSI): introduces you to the PADI Dive Education System and focuses on further developing your abilities as a professional dive educator.
Since 2013 it is mandatory to be EFR Instructor to be OWSI.
For those of you who are already instructors from other organizations, it is only necessary to undertake the OWSI part.
INSTRUCTOR EXAMINATION (IE)
The PADI instructor candidates will be trained by Luis Comenge, PADI Course Director, whereas the final evaluation will be done by PADI with an Examiner in the Instructor Examination. During the IE your teaching skills, water skills, and knowledge of the PADI system will be evaluated, as well as your attitude and professionalism. THE EXAM WILL BE DONE IN ZOEA MALLORCA DIVE CENTRE FAQs
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN DURING THE PADI IDC?
- 9 learning sessions through the PADI e-Learning, or undertake these sessions during the IDC: – Learning, Instruction and the PADI System. – General Standards and Procedures. – Risk Management. – Diving Marketing. – Start Diving. – Teaching PADI Diving Specialty Courses. – The Business of Diving. – Continue Diving. – How to Teach the Recreational Dive Planner (PIR).
- Participate in the 10 components of the IDC curriculum: – Course Orientation. – Developing Knowledge Development Presentations. – Confined Water Teaching. – Conducting Open Water Dives. – General Standards and Procedures. – Open Water Diver Course. – Adventures in Diving Program. – Rescue Diver Course. – Divemaster Course. – Risk Management.
- Perform three presentations of knowledge development.
- Make four confined water presentations.
- Perform two integrated open water presentations (two skills).
- Perform the 20 dive skills listed on the Skills Evaluation.
- PADI System Standards and Procedures Exam.
- Dive Theory Exam.
- Swim wearing a mask, snorkel and fins, for 800 meters without stopping.
WHAT CAN YOU TEACH AS PADI INSTRUCTOR?
PREREQUISITES TO ACCESS THE OPEN WATER DIVER INSTRUCTOR COURSE
- Have the PADI Divemaster certification or having a dive leadership level certification from another diving organization.
- Have a CPR and First Aid training done within the last 24 months. The Emergency First Response course meets this requirement.
- Be certified as Emergency First Response Instructor or equivalent.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be certified as a diver for at least six months.
- Posses a Medical Certificate that states “physically fit to scuba dive”, signed by a physician issued within the last 12 months.
PADI IDC COURSE DOCUMENTATION
- A Medical Certificate that states “physically fit to scuba dive”, signed by a physician issued within the last 12 months.
- 2 passport photos with the full name on the back side.
- Photocopy of all diving certifications if they are not PADI.
- Photocopy of the logbook.
Note: If you are lacking a requisite or a document please contact us.
DIVING EQUIPMENT THAT YOU WILL USE DURING THE COURSE
- Mask and tube.
- Appropriate wetsuit.
- Regulator plus Octopus.
- Pressure gauge.
- Depth gauge.
- Dive watch.
- 2 ropes of about 70cm each of at least 5mm.
THE NECESSARY DIDACTIC MATERIAL FOR THE INSTRUCTOR DEVELOPMENT COURSE
- Guide to teaching.
- OW, RES and DM exams.
- Specialty Instructor Manual (CD Rom).
- Cue cards (OW courses, ADV, and DM RES).
- PADI Backpack.
- Open Water, Advanced, Rescue and Divemaster Student Manual.
- Diving Knowledge Workbook.
- Diving PADI Encyclopedia.
- Pocket mask.
- You will also need the EFRI manuals. We recommend the candidates to bring their own notebook and stationary to take notes during the classes.